Welcome to the Decatur Area SHRM Chapter #0555
"Decatur Area SHRM #0555 is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.”
Decatur Area SHRM is a pre-approved provider for recertification credits through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and the national Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
Decatur Area SHRM is recognized by HRCI to offer credits for PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification. For more information about certification or recertification through HRCI, please visit http://www.hrci.org/our-programs/our-hr-certifications.
Decatur Area SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification through national SHRM, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Thank you for visiting the Decatur Area SHRM Chapter
The purposes of this Chapter, as a non-profit organization, are:
- to provide a forum for the personal and professional development of our members;
- to provide an opportunity to develop leadership, managerial, public speaking and group decision-making skills;
- to provide an arena for the development of trust relationships where common problems can be discussed and deliberated;
- to provide an opportunity to focus on current human resource management issues of importance to our members;
- to provide a focus for legislative attention to state and national human resource management issues;
- to provide valuable information gathering and dissemination channels;
- to provide a pool of human resource management leaders for perpetuation of the Chapter and of SHRM;
- to serve as an important vehicle for introducing human resource management professionals to SHRM;
- to serve as a source of new members for SHRM; and
- to serve as part of the two-way channel of communications between SHRM and the individual members.
For current members who wish to renew the annual membership for the 2015 year, click here. (You MUST be signed in to access this page.)
Members, remember to check out our Job Opportunities page under the NEWS tab!
Upcoming EventsSee All >
March 8, 2016 - 11:00am to 1:00pmLocation:Doherty's 242 E. William Street Decatur, ILHow to Become a Succesful Leader in Your Organization/Business
April 12, 2016 - 11:00am to 1:00pmLocation:Doherty's 242 E. William Street Decatur, ILAlternate Dispute Resolution
Speaker: Kitty McCarthy, Retired Judge, Mediator.
Kitty McCarty will provide...
May 10, 2016 - 11:00am to 1:00pmLocation:Doherty's 242 E. William Street Decatur, ILTBD
Speaker: Kristin Clay, CPA from Summit Tax & Accounting, LLC....
Affiliate NewsSee All >
From our BlogSee All >
As many of you may know an HR certification is very important, because many HR management’s positions require HR certifications. According to SHRM, their research showed how the role of HR has been changing over the past years. Before HR certifications were only preferred but not...December 13, 2015
Dear Fred, Recently, in Orlando, Seattle, San Diego and Houston, the team at the HR Certification Institute has been connecting with our community of certificants in a series of Town Halls. The opportunity to listen to certified HR professionals first-hand has been...July 31, 2014
Free HRCI Approved Webinars Marisa Martineau, PHR Human Resources Generalist with Corporate & Non-Profit Experience Hi all! I've been searching around online for webinars that are 1) HRCI pre-approved, 2) live, and 3) free of charge. Throughout this process, I've compiled a list of web sites,...June 18, 2014