Welcome to the Decatur Area SHRM Chapter #0555
"Decatur Area SHRM #0555 is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.”
Decatur Area SHRM is a pre-approved provider for recertification credits through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and the national Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
Decatur Area SHRM is recognized by HRCI to offer credits for PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification. For more information about certification or recertification through HRCI, please visit http://www.hrci.org/our-programs/our-hr-certifications.
Decatur Area SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification through national SHRM, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Ron S. Lewis speaking on successful leadership practices at the March 2016 Decatur Area SHRM Chapter Meeting
Thank you for visiting the Decatur Area SHRM Chapter
The purposes of this Chapter, as a non-profit organization, are:
- to provide a forum for the personal and professional development of our members;
- to provide an opportunity to develop leadership, managerial, public speaking and group decision-making skills;
- to provide an arena for the development of trust relationships where common problems can be discussed and deliberated;
- to provide an opportunity to focus on current human resource management issues of importance to our members;
- to provide a focus for legislative attention to state and national human resource management issues;
- to provide valuable information gathering and dissemination channels;
- to provide a pool of human resource management leaders for perpetuation of the Chapter and of SHRM;
- to serve as an important vehicle for introducing human resource management professionals to SHRM;
- to serve as a source of new members for SHRM; and
- to serve as part of the two-way channel of communications between SHRM and the individual members.
Upcoming EventsSee All >
December 13, 2016 (All day)Location:The Decatur Club, Library & Conference Rooms 2nd floor 158 W Prairie Ave, Decatur, IL 62523The Perspective Directive - What's the Motivation?
December 13, 2016 - 6:00pm to 8:00pmLocation:St. Mary’s Hospital room G18
Review - Testing
Tina Gist - instructor
January 10, 2017 - 11:00am to 1:00pmLocation:Doherty's 242 E. William Street Decatur, IL
The 7 Health Plan Metrics Every HR Professional Must Know
This program has been pre-approved for 1.0 recertification credit by SHRM and 1.0 General recertification credit by HRCI.
Speaker: Nicole Pfeiffer...